About M. E. Heat Power
The department is at the forefront of the academics designed by Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) formerly known as University of Pune and offers Master in Engineering (M.E. Mechanical) program in Heat Power Engineering to the aspiring students. From cooking to transport, education to healthcare, domestic to industrial activity, energy in form of heat and power is central and irreplaceable in all frontiers of human existence. The mission of the department is to create technically competent manpower that will be able to take up challenges posed by rapidly changing technologies both in industry as well as R&D. The research interests of the department include Computational Fluid Dynamics, Renewable Energy, and Thermal Engineering as well as inter-disciplinary areas of Mechatronics and Electro-Magnetics.
Overview of Program
Year of Establishment : 2012 (Intake : 18)
DTE Code : 6175
Affiliated to : Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
- To create an excellent academic environment enriched with excellence in teaching, research that offers various opportunities for our students to address rapidly advancing technology that drives innovation
- Create a unique platform with an interdisciplinary approach to make our engineers ready to address the socio-economic challenges having prime importance
- To create sensitive, socially committed and technologically competent engineering professionals to serve the industry and society.
- To create employable engineers to cater the need of the industry, research laboratories, institutes, etc., across the globe.
- To enhance research culture amongst the students and faculty
- To strengthen industry institute interaction through guest lectures, workshops, sponsored projects and Consultancy etc
- To develop better understanding of the fundamental principles of the sciences and scientific methods .
- To impart self-learning ability among students through application oriented teaching-learning process.
- To make students competitive through qualitative and quantitative improvement in the results.
- To develop scientific and skilled engineering manpower.
- To cater to the needs of industry, R & D organizations and educational institutions.
- To provide leadership in curriculum design and development
- To develop creative research environment to learn continually and interact with multidisciplinary groups.
- Inculcate ethical practices among the students to address the challenges on the global platform.
Salient Features of the Program
- Academic program affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU).
- Stringent and student centric academic teaching and learning process to focus on holistic development of the student.
- Well qualified and experienced faculties aimed towards creating the competency among students and give exposure to research based projects.
- Consolidate the basic and advanced knowledge of mechanical engineering necessary for the engineers to take on the technical challenges posed across the globe.
- Competent faculties with fine blend of research and industrial experience.
- Focus on developing the state of the art Computational Engineering and Renewable energy labs.
- Regular interaction with industry experts and an industrial exposure through regular expert sessions and industrial visits.
- Continuous evaluation through various activities like Industrial or Research paper based Case Studies, Quiz, Seminars, Tutorials, Assignments, etc.
- Students are encouraged to attend Guest / Expert Lectures, Interdisciplinary Seminars, Conferences, etc.
- Nurturing integrative efforts to make students employable.