course started in the academic year 2001_02 with a vision to develop high quality Information Technology professionals through Quality Education and dedicated faculty. The Information Technology Department has well established state of the art computer laboratories and class rooms equipped with modern teaching aids and computing facilities. It is a measure of its success that in a short span of time, the institution gives out a promise of attaining excellence and keeping abreast of latest technological developments around, for utility thereon.
Information Technology department has the competent Faculty and dedicated Staff do work hard to groom the technical and overall personality of students through meticulously planned, outcome based curriculum delivery with co-curricular and extra-curricular enjoyable learning activities.
- To enhance students satisfaction
- To improve Satisfaction of Faculty and Staff through developmental activities.
- To satisfy Infrastructural requirements
- Effectiveness of Interaction with outside world
Department Four Principles
- Holistic Student Development
- Disciplined Academics
- Continual Faculty Development
- Total Transparency
Year of Establishment
UG : 2019 (Intake : 120)
UG : 2001 (Intake : 60)
PG : 2014 (Intake : 24)
DTE Code : 6175
Affiliated to : Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
Mission and Vision of the Department
- To develop Information Technology professionals through Quality Education with dedicated faculty.
- To foster the development of Information Technology professionals with focus on Excellent Academics, Research Aptitude, Overall Personality Development and Social Awareness.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To provide students with substantial understanding of Information Technology fundamentals to develop their technical competence to address the real life problems.
- To train the students with the knowledge and skills in the area of Information Technology for analysis, design and implementation of real life problems.
- To groom the students overall personality for professional growth.
- To inculcate values and ethics among the students and making them aware about their social commitments.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to :
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Graduate will be able to provide IT services, manage IT infrastructure, monitor and safeguard data.
- Graduate will be able to apply standard practices and strategies using various programming paradigms to develop a quality product for business success.