Research and Development at First Year Engineering
“Take up one idea! Make that idea in your life, think of it. Dream of it and live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves every part of your body be full of that idea and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success”, said Swami Vivekananda. This is the “Success Mantra” for the Research & Development for the faculties as well as students. Our Philosophy is to nurture creativity and innovative thinking abilities through possible exposure to the various Engineering subject applications which they study during first year. Various technical events and workshops are organized to trigger creativity, innovation and project based learning such as robotics, PCB designing, model and poster making, matholic- weekly puzzle competition, mega technical event “SPECTRUM” exclusively for first year.
Thrust Area - SIG
SIG groups have been formed taking into account the research interest of faculties in the department so as to initiate active deployment of research and create an atmosphere conducive for achieving set targets though team work.
Name of SIG Coordinator
Dr. Leena Sharma
Mrs. Anjali Sakurkar
Mr. R. T. Jagtap
Electrical Power, Optimization and Control
Mrs. Jaya Agrarwal
Patents and Publications
- Dr. Sonali K. Kale presented her research work at International conference “ Environmental and Allied Sciences” organized by Prof. Ramakrishna More Arts, Science and commerce college, Akurdi at YASHADA, Pune on 15-16 Feb. 2019. Dr. Kale received “Best Poster” in teacher category.
- Dr. Sonali K. Kale,published research paper in National Journal “ Functionlized Iron Oxide Nanoparticles” in Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics (IJP&AP) in 2018.
- Mr. R. T. Jagtap Research paper presented on “Condensed molecules of naturally occurring naphthaquinone and its derivatives “ at International conference of ICC at Bali Indonesia on 7-9 June 2017.
- Mr. Arif Bagwan presented Paper “Existence of solutions to discrete boundary value problem of fractional difference equations” National Conference on fractional calculus & fractional differential Equations organized by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University on 6th - 8th November 2017.
- Mr. Arif Bagwan presented Paper at International Conference on Algebra & Analysis organized by Department of Mathematics, SPPU. at 19-22 December 2017.
- Dr. Surbhi Senger published paper on “Sensitivity Analysis of a fiber plant unit due to deliberate failure" International journal of innovative & Emerging research in Engineering, Vol.3, No. 4.2016.
- Dr. S. S. Sonar published paper on “Synthesis and Characterization of Schiff Base Ligands and their Antimicrobial Activity” in Pelgia Research Library, Advances in Applied Science Research, 2016, 7(1):13-16, ISSN: 0976-8610.
- Mrs. Puja Kate and Mrs. Anshumati Amte published paper on “Pricing of Power in Deregulated Electricity Market Based on Particle Swarm Optimization" in International Journal of Exploring Emerging Trends in Engineering (IJEETE), Vol. 03, Issue 01, Jan-Feb, 2016, ISSN – 2394-0573
- Dr. Surbhi Senger published paper on “Behavioral analysis of Carbon disulphide production unit in a Viscose staple fiber plant with old age replacement policy” in international Journal of Innovative and Emerging Research in Engineering, Volume 2, Issue 6, 2015.
- Mrs. Pranjal Jog published paper on “TTC enhancement using PSO Method” in periodic research ISSN 2231-0045 E -ISSN 2349-9435, 2015.
- Dr.Surabhi Senger published research paper on “Automatic Generation of lyapunov function using genetic programming approach”, International Conference on energy systems and application, Oct. 2015.
- Mrs.Sushma Parmar published research paper on “Properties of some subclasses of multivalent functions associated with close -to -convex function”, International Journal of Advanced Technology in Engineering and Science,Vol 3,2015
- Mr. Arif Bagvan published paper on “Existence of some Positive Solutions to Fractional Difference Equation” in International Journal of Difference Equation, Vol.10, Number 2 pp. 221-232,2015, ISSN – 0973-6069
- Dr. Surbhi Senger published paper on “Performance evaluation and reliability analysis of an engine assembly process of automobiles incorporating inspection facility” in Mathematical theory and modeling, Volume 4, Issue 6, PP. 154-163, 2014.
- Dr.Leena Sharma published paper on “A Numerical Model to Study Excess Buffering Approximation Near an Open Ca2+ Channel for an Unsteady State Case”,Elixir International Journal of Applied Mathematics. Elixir Appl. Math.,(2014),73, 26214-26217
- Dr.Leena Sharma published paper on “A Numerical Model to Study the Rapid Buffering Approximation near an Open Ca 2+ Channel for an Unsteady State Case”,WASET international journal of Mathematics,2014
- Dr. Surbhi Senger published paper on “Reliability Analysis and Performance Evaluation of an Automobile Assembly Plant with Risk Factor” ,Elixir Appl. Math.,(2014) Vol. 71, pp. 24677-24692, 2229-712X
- Dr.Leena Sharma published paper on “A Numerical Model to Study Effect of Potential Dependent Influx on Calcium Diffusion in Neuron Cells”,STM international Journal of Neuroscience,2014
Workshops and Conferences
- Dr. Sonali K. Kale attended National Conference organized by Department of Physics, SPPU, Pune, and Applications” (AMSCA -2018) December 14-15, 2018
- Mrs. Pranjal Jog & Mrs.Shete S.S. attended Seminar on “Art of Reading Revised Electricity Bill” organized by Dr. D. Y. Patil Institue of Technology, Akurdi, Pune in collaboration with M/s. Srtom Energie Pvt. Ltd. Pune on 27 Nov. 2018.
- Dr. Leena Sharma,Dr.Surabhi Senger,Mr.Tarte Ganesh,Mr.Kute Dinesh - organized “Two days tutorial on Operational Research ”on 18-19 April. 2018.
- Mr. D. A. Anarse attended Two days National Level Workshop on “Low Power Design Using Quantum Dot Celluer Automata on 4-5 January 2018.
- Mr. Dinesh Kute attended International Conference on Algebra & Analysis organized by Department of Mathematics, SPPU on December 19-22 2017.
- Dr. S. S. Sonar organized ISTE approved FDP on “Theory and Performance of Analysis of waste water” for Enviornmental Engg. faculties in association with civil Department, PCCoE, Pune , 5-9 June 2017.
- Dr. Priya Joshi & Ms.Bhavsar Falguni attended State Level Two day (SPPU Sponsored) Workshop on “NON CONVENTIONAL ENERGY SOURCES –BIOMASS & BIO –ENERGY” organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering at PCCoE ,Pune on 15-16 December 2017.
- Mrs. Anjali Sakurkar & Dr.Kale S.K.attended 8th International conference on Advance Materials development & performance organized by Department of physics, Savitribai Phule Pune University AMDP-2017 Pune on 12-15 July 2017.
- Mrs. Pranjal Jog & Mrs.Shete S.S. attended Training program on “Electrical safety “organized by L&T switchgear training center at Bhosari on 17th July 2017
- Mrs. Pranjal Jog & Mrs.Shete S.S. organized One day workshop on “Electrical Safety” for lab assistants of PCCoE from various departments on 22 July 2017.
- Dr. Priya Joshi as resource person ISTE approved FDP on “Theory and Performance of Analysis of waste water” for Environmental Engg. faculties in association with civil Department, PCCoE, Pune , 5-9 June 2017.
- Ms. Falguni Bhavsar as resource person ISTE approved FDP on “Theory and Performance of Analysis of waste water” for Environmental Engg. faculties in association with civil Department, PCCoE, Pune , 5-9 June 2017.
- Dr. S. S. Sonar, in association with civil Department, PCCoE, conducted six days ISTE approved FDP on “Theory and Performance of Analysis of waste water” for Environmental Engg. faculties on 5-11 June 2017, at Pccoe, Pune. Dr. S. S. Sonar, Dr. Priya Joshi, Ms. Falguni Bhavsar were internal resource persons for FDP.
- Mrs. Pranjal Jog and Mrs. Pooja Kate attended Two days state level workshop on “Use of Circuit Simulator in teaching Basic Electrical and Electronics Courses” held at VIIT, Pune on 27 Jan. 2017
- Mrs. Pranjal Jog and Mrs G Saxena, attended Two days FDP on “Arduino Basics, Applications and Hands on Practice” organized by Electrical Engineering Department, MMCOE, Pune on 13-14 Dec. 2016.
- Dr. L. S. Sharma organized Workshop on “Engineering Mathematics-III (Revised 2015 Credit Course) jointly organized by PCCOE and Board of studies, SPPU, Pune on 16 Dec. 2016.
- Dr. L. S. Sharma and faculties of Engineering Mathematics attended Workshop on “Engineering Mathematics-III (Revised 2015 Credit Course) jointly organized by PCCOE and Board of studies, SPPU, Pune on 16 Dec.2016.
- Mr. R. T. Jagtap presented research poster on “Thermal and Spectral Study of Fluorescent Europium (III) and Terbium (III) Complexes with derivatives of Lawsonemonoxime.” International Conference Organized by PDEA'S B. G. College, Pune on 11-12 Mar. 2016.
- Dr. Sonali K. Kale successfully completed NPTEL online exam on “Structural Analysis on Nanomaterials” June-November 18 (4 weeks Course). The NPTEL course is selected for “FDP” of 4 weeks.
- Mr. Gokul Biradar Successfully completed NPTEL online exam on “Enhancing Soft Skills and Personality Development” -July -October 2018.
- Dr. S. S. Sonar was present as subject expert for the purpose of selecting candidates for the faculty position in “Applied sciences”(Chemistry) at Symbiosis skills & open University, Pune , 31st and March 2018 as subject expert.
- Mrs. Jaya Agarwal, Completed NPTEL online course on "Control Engineering" (Jan. - April 2018).
- Dr. S. S. Sonar was present as subject expert for the purpose of selecting candidates for the faculty position in “Applied sciences”(Chemistry) at Symbiosis skills & open University, Pune , 20 Jan. 2018 as subject expert.
- Following Faculties from Engineering Mathematics qualified NPTEL online course on "Introduction to R software" July-September 2017 (8 weeks).
Mrs. Sujata Bhamre secured position amongst top 2 % cleared participants all over India (98 %).Elite +Gold Medal.
Mr. Arif Bagwan (Elite +Gold Medal)
Dr. Leena Sharma (92%).
Dr. Surabhi Sengar
Mrs. Ashvini Vaze
Mrs. Sushma Parmar
Mrs. Minakshi Panchal
Mr. Ganesh Tarte
Mr. Dinesh Kute
- Dr. Priya Joshi, Engineering Chemistry qualified NPTEL online certification course on “Pericyclic reactions and organic Photochemistry” and secured Elite (2 topper in the batch)- July-October 2017.
- Mrs. Falguni Bhavsar, Engineering Chemistry successfully qualified NPTEL online certification course on "Sterochemistry" July-October 2017.
- Mrs. S. A. Fulambarkar, Completed the course on “Learning Physics through Simple Experiments” from IIT, Kanpur on 20th Sep to 20 Nov 2016.
Self learning centre is developed in the department to trigger creativity and provide early hands on experience to the first year students. Learning material is also available for the students in the centre. Innovative projects made by the students in various domains have been displayed in the self learning centre.