The budding engineers begin their journey through the Department of First Year Engineering. Hence the main aim of First Year Engineering Department is to prepare strong foundation of students on four basic pillars.
- Building necessary academic knowledge base through proper understanding of basic sciences that is Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and fundamental subjects of major engineering disciplines such as Basic Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Engineering Graphics, Engineering Mechanics, Fundamental Programming Language.
- Inculcating creativity and innovative thinking abilities through possible exposure to the various Engineering subject applications which they study during first year.
- Making them aware about the necessary personality traits, attitude, behavioural attributes and skill sets to become responsible citizens and overall good human being.
- To create and nurture sense of self responsibility and make them realize what they owe to the society.
Overview of FE Department
Year of Establishment : 1999
- First Shift - 480 (Mechanical Engineering : 120, Computer Engineering : 120, E & TC Engineering : 120, IT Engineering : 60, Civil Engineering : 60)
- Second Shift - 180 (Mechanical Engineering : 60, Computer Engineering : 60, E & TC Engineering : 60)
DTE Choice Code : 6175
Affiliated To : Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU)
- To serve the society, Industry and all Stakeholders through value added Quality Education.
- To serve the needs of society at large by establishing state-of-the-art Engineering, Management and Research Institute and impact attitude, knowledge and skills through quality education to develop Individual and teams with ability to think and analyze right values and self reliance.
- Develop an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Develop an ability to communicate effectively and work efficiently in team.
- Understand emerging trends in technologies and to work on modern techniques.
- To cultivate values and ethics amongst students.
- Overall personality development of the students.
As a result of these best practices and team efforts the Department of First Year Engineering is showing good improvements in following aspects:
- Improved quantitative and qualitative results.
- Improved overall attendance and academic discipline among students.
- Enhanced enthusiasm among students for their participation and involvement in organizing and participating in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Healthy, participative and most conducive environment to create and nurture students development and grooming to proceed on the right path on journey to be competent Engineers and individuals for tomorrow.
The best practices adapted by the Department can be highlighted as:
- The qualitative teaching with adequate preparation for online, unit tests and university examinations.
- Effective academic monitoring of students attendance, regularity, performance and overall behavior through proper counseling and individual attention by class teachers and parent teacher guardians.
- Organization of various technical events to trigger creativity, innovation and project based learning such as robotics, PCB designing, model and poster making, Matholic - weekly puzzle competition, mega technical event “SPECTRUM” exclusively for first year.
- Formation and conduct of various activities through readers club, cultural club, wall magazine and Techno Science Club.
- To nurture personality traits through systematic planning and execution of YES!+ (Youth Empowerment and Skills) program for all first year students. Organization of guest lectures, workshops such as mind mapping, time management, stress management etc.
- Effective interaction with parents and guardians on continual basis.