E & TC - About Us
The Department of
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering has been playing a vital role in producing engineers and of highest skills and caliber. Department of E & TC has highly qualified and experienced faculty with expertise in the areas of Digital Image and Signal Processing, VLSI and Embedded System, Communication Engineering and Process Automation etc. The department has defined the programme outcomes and all the good initiatives are undertaken to facilitate and fulfill the same.
Overview of Department
Year of Establishment
U. G. : 1999 - 2000 (Intake : First Shift - 120, Second Shift - 60)
P. G. (VLSI) : 2012 - 2013 (Intake : 18)
DTE Code : 6175
Affiliated to : Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
- To serve the society by creating competent Electronics and Telecommunication engineers with value added quality education.
- To produce competent and cultured Electronics and Telecommunication engineers through quality education by imparting attitude, knowledge, skills, project based learning using well defined teaching learning process and excellent learning facilities to serve the needs of society.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's)
- To provide sound foundation in mathematics, basic science and fundamentals of E&TC engineering to the students.
- To provide students with good Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering breadth so as to enable them to comprehend, analyze, design, and create products and solutions for the real life problem.
- To inculcate effective communication skills, teamwork spirit and professional ethics in students to meet employers need at large and prepare them for higher studies.
- To create awareness among students about social commitment and responsibilities.
Programme Outcome (PO's)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcome (PSO)
- Comprehend the technology in Signal processing & Communication Engineering
- Exhibit the competency in Embedded System & VLSI design.
- Application of contextual knowledge of E&TC Engineering, activity based learning and automation to asses’ societal, environmental, health & safety issues.
Academic Advisory Committee
- Chairman : Dr. A. M. Fulambarkar, Principal, Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering, Pune
- Member Secretary : Dr. N. B. Chopade, Professor and Head, Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, PCCoE Pune
- Member (Academic) : Dr. R. A. Patil, Professor, Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, COEP, Pune
- Member (Academic) : Dr. Mrs. S. U. Bhandari, Associate Professor and PG Coordinator, Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, PCCoE Pune
- Member (Parents) : Dr. D. R. Jundhare, Executive Engineer, PCMC Pune
- Member (Industry) : Mr. D.S. Motaghare, Careol Solutions, Yamunanagar, Nigadi, Pune
- Member (Alumni) : Mr. V. S. Bandewar, Project Leader, TCS, Hinjewadi, Pune
- Member (R & D Organization) : Mr. S. G. Kulkarni, Sr. Scientist, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai
- Member (Student) : Mr. Pranav Kende BE (B), Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, PCCoE Pune