E & TC - About Us
The Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering has been playing a vital role in producing engineers and of highest skills and caliber. Department of E & TC has highly qualified and experienced faculty with expertise in the areas of Digital Image and Signal Processing, VLSI and Embedded System, Communication Engineering and Process Automation etc. The department has defined the programme outcomes and all the good initiatives are undertaken to facilitate and fulfill the same.
Overview of Department
Year of Establishment
U. G. : 1999 - 2000 (Intake : First Shift - 120, Second Shift - 60) P. G. (VLSI) : 2012 - 2013 (Intake : 18)
PhD research Center : 2017
DTE Code : 6175
Affiliated to : Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
Mission and Vision of the Department
- To serve the society by creating competent Electronics and Telecommunication engineers with value added quality education.
- To produce competent and cultured Electronics and Telecommunication engineers through quality education by imparting attitude, knowledge, skills, project-based learning using well defined teaching learning process and excellent learning facilities to serve the needs of society.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's)
- I) To provide sound foundation in mathematics, basic science and fundamentals of E&TC engineering to the students.
- II) To provide students with good Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering breadth so as to enable them to comprehend, analyze, design, and create novel products and solutions for the real-life problem
- III) To inculcate effective communication skills, teamwork spirit and professional ethics in students to meet employers need at large and prepare them for higher studies.
- IV) To create awareness among students about social commitment and responsibilities.
Programme Outcome (PO's)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineeringfundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complexengineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics,natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems anddesign system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriateconsideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmentalconsiderations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: : Use research-based knowledge and researchmethods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modernengineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assesssocietal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of theengineering and management principles and apply thesssse to one’s own work, as a member andleader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- PSO1: Ability to comprehend and exhibit the competency in the areas of Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering like VLSI, Embedded Systems, Signal Processing, Communication, Computing and Automation
- PSO2: Ability to design and analyse Electronics & Telecommunications systems using state of art hardware and software tools to address the needs of the industry and society.
- PSO3: Ability to build research and problem-solving attitude to address the societal, environmental, health and safety issues, strengthen professional competency, imbibe ethical values for holistic development.
Academic Advisory Committee
- Chairman : Dr. G.N.Kulkarni (Director, PCCOE PUNE)
- Member Secretary : Dr. M T Kolte, Professor and Head, Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, PCCoE Pune
- Member (Academic) : Dr. R. A. Patil, Professor, Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, COEP, Pune
- Member (Academic) : Dr. N B Chopade, Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, PCCoE Pune
- Member (Parents) : Mr Hemant J Jadhav, Domain Powers, Bhosari, Pune
- Member (Industry) : Mr. Sunil Kharate, Segate, Pune
- Member (Alumni) : Mr. Hrishikesh Gore, Menkar Energy Pvt Ltd, Aundh, Pune
- Member (R & D Organization) : Mr. S. G. Kulkarni, Sr. Scientist, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai
- Member (Student) : Diksha Dubey TE(A), Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, PCCoE Pune