E & TC - About Us
The Department of
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering has been playing a vital role in producing engineers and of highest skills and caliber. Department of E & TC has highly qualified and experienced faculty with expertise in the areas of Digital Image and Signal Processing, VLSI and Embedded System, Communication Engineering and Process Automation etc. The department has defined the programme outcomes and all the good initiatives are undertaken to facilitate and fulfill the same.
Overview of Department
Year of Establishment
U. G. : 1999 - 2000 (Intake : First Shift - 120, Second Shift - 60)
P. G. (VLSI) : 2012 - 2013 (Intake : 18)
DTE Code : 6175
Affiliated to : Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
- To serve the society by creating competent Electronics and Telecommunication engineers with value added quality education.
- To produce competent and cultured Electronics and Telecommunication engineers through quality education by imparting attitude, knowledge, skills, project based learning using well defined teaching learning process and excellent learning facilities to serve the needs of society.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's)
- To provide sound foundation in mathematics, basic science and fundamentals of E&TC engineering to the students.
- To provide students with good Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering breadth so as to enable them to comprehend, analyze, design, and create products and solutions for the real life problem.
- To inculcate effective communication skills, teamwork spirit and professional ethics in students to meet employers need at large and prepare them for higher studies.
- To create awareness among students about social commitment and responsibilities.
Programme Outcome (POs)
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science and
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve problems in the field of communication, signal processing, VLSI and embedded system, automation and control using mathematical principles and engineering sciences.
- Graduate will show an ability to design a system, process, algorithm, device or product that meets desired specifications of social benefits by applying modern design methods.
- Graduate will demonstrate an ability to design digital and analog circuits/systems, conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data.
- Graduate will demonstrate skills to use modern engineering tools, softwares and equipments to analyze Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering problems.
- Graduate will examine the impact of engineering solutions in global and environmental contexts and utilize the knowledge for sustained development.
- Graduate will show the understanding of impact of engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues.
- Graduate will develop consciousness of professional, ethical and social responsibilities.
- Graduate will have an ability to work as an individual or in multidisciplinary teams as a member or a leader.
- Graduate will have an ability to communicate the engineering activities to engineering Society for documentation and presentation.
- Graduate will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles to manage projects.
- Graduate will develop confidence for self education and ability for lifelong learning.
Academic Advisory Committee
- Chairman : Dr. A. M. Fulambarkar, Principal, Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering, Pune
- Member Secretary : Dr. N. B. Chopade, Professor and Head, Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, PCCoE Pune
- Member (Academic) : Dr. R. A. Patil, Professor, Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, COEP, Pune
- Member (Academic) : Dr. Mrs. S. U. Bhandari, Associate Professor and PG Coordinator, Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, PCCoE Pune
- Member (Parents) : Dr. D. R. Jundhare, Executive Engineer, PCMC Pune
- Member (Industry) : Mr. D.S. Motaghare, Careol Solutions, Yamunanagar, Nigadi, Pune
- Member (Alumni) : Mr. V. S. Bandewar, Project Leader, TCS, Hinjewadi, Pune
- Member (R & D Organization) : Mr. S. G. Kulkarni, Sr. Scientist, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai
- Member (Student) : Mr. Pranav Kende BE (B), Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, PCCoE Pune