is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. Civil engineering discipline was introduced, at PCCOE in Academic Year 2012-13. The department includes well equipped laboratories of Strength of Material, Fluid Mechanics, Surveying, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Geotechnical Engineering,. The department offers a four year course leading to the Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a student intake of 60. Right from its inception, the department has been doing its best to bring about excellence in academics. The department is equipped with latest facilities and equipments for extensive training to the undergraduate students.
Year of Establishment : UG : 2012 (Intake: 60) PG (Costruction Management) : 2019 (Intake: 18)
DTE Code : 6175
Affiliated to : Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
- To be recognized as one of the leading department in respect of professional education and innovation in the western region.
- To develop a multidisciplinary approach to relate civil engineering challenges to social and human context through team spirit, right attitude, morals, and higher education.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To impart sound academic fundamentals among the students to formulate, analyze and solve civil engineering problems.
- To develop students’ ability to adopt and apply recent trends in civil engineering.
- To prepare students for the challenging needs of the civil engineering profession and higher academic pursuits.
- To develop professional ethics among students for functioning as an individual or in a team for betterment of society and environment.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- The graduate will be able to apply necessary Civil Engineering knowledge, skill sets for quality construction work in infrastructural and industrial development.
- The graduate will be able to demonstrate skill sets required for entrepreneur in civil engineering.
Civil Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering
fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex civil engineering
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex
engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of
mathematics, physics,chemistry and engineering geology.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex civil engineering problems
and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate
consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research
methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis
of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and
modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex Civil
engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to
assess societal issues like water management,waste management, air & water pollution ,
health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the
professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering
solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and
need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and
norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or
leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the
engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and
write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and
receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Civil
engineering and Construction management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as
a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage
in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.