Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. Civil engineering discipline was introduced, at PCCOE in Academic Year 2012-13. The department includes well equipped laboratories, especially material testing, Fluid Mechanics, survey, Transportation Engineering, and soil testing laboratories. The department offers a four year course leading to the Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a student intake of 60. Right from its inception, the Department has been doing its best to bring about excellence in academics. The department is equipped with latest facilities and equipments for extensive training to the undergraduate students.
Year of Establishment : 2012 (Intake : 60)
DTE Code : 6175
Affiliated to : Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
- To be one of the best department of Engineering to train & develop competent civil Engineers through quality education.
- To offer quality education with focus on imparting technical knowledge, through nurturing creativity & necessary skill sets to groom competent Civil Engineering professionals by establishing state-of-the-art civil engineering and conducive learning environment
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
To embed sound academic fundamentals among the students to formulate, analyze and solve Civil engineering problems
- To develop student’s ability to adopt and build up recent trends in Civil engineering
- To prepare students for the challenging needs of engineering profession and higher academic pursuits
- To develop an ability to relate multidisciplinary Civil engineering issues to social and human context through moral, attitude and team spirit
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
- An ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs
- An ability to conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- An ability to solve current issues by the contextual knowledge to access societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams as a member or leader
- An ability to communicate effectively
- An ability to explain key concepts and problem-solving processes used in management and business
- Recognition of the need for an ability to engage in life-long learning.