Civil Engineering Department Activities
Technical Symposium “Sthapatya 2K16” was successfully conducted in the department in association with
Civil Engineering Student’s Association (CiESA) on 11th and 12th January 2016. The faculty Coordinator & Treasurer was Mrs. K.D. Dhapekar and Student coordinator was Mrs. Tejaswini Mankar.
The event was organized with the objective to built the teamwork spirit and provide the platform to the students to showcase their technical and non-technical skills. Various technical and non- technical events like Bridge Mania, Paper Presentation, Best from Waste, Technical Rangoli, Mind Palace were organized under “Sthapatya 2K16”.
Outcome: Different societal, environmental issues and methods to address them were uncovered through poster presentations. Technical events like paper presentation helped the students to get aquanted with the new trends in Civil Engineering with Interdisciplinary approach, to improve their communication skills and team work spirit. Bridge Mania event was to make students aware of the types of joints, design specifications for construction of Bridges through Model Analysis. Events like Best from waste make students aware of use the waste products by recycling for controlling environmental degradation. Through Technical Rangoli students expressed their Technical ability, knowledge about Social & Cultural ideas through drawing. Thus the major outcome of the event was overall development of students.
Guest Lecture on Recent Trends in Structural Design
Civil department organized a guest lecture on 10th Jul., 2015 for TE & BE Civil students on the topic “Recent Trends in Structural Design” under the subject Structural Design by Mr. Prashant Pokharkar, Structural Design Consultant from Epitome Consultancy Pvt. Ltd. Akurdi, Pune.
Guest Lecture on Pavement Construction Method
Civil department organized a guest lecture on 17th Jul., 2015 for BE Civil Students on "Pavement Construction Method" under the subject Transportation Engineering by Dr. D.R. Jundhare, Executive Engineer, PCMC Pimpri.
Guest Lecture on Stresses in Soil
Civil department organized a guest lecture on 4th Sept., 2015 for SE Civil Students on “Stresses in Soil” under the subject Geotechnical Engineering by Mrs. S.S. Jain, Associate Professor, SCOE, Wadgaon, Pune
Guest Lecture on Low Cost Treatment for Waste Water
Civil department organized a guest lecture on 13th Sept., 2015 for BE Civil Students on “Low Cost treatment for waste water” under the subject Environmental Engineering by Mrs. Pranjali Chiwahane, Assistant Professor, PCCoER, Ravet.
Workshop on Syllabus Drafting
- Mr. A. K. Gaikwad, Mr. S.S. Motegaonkar, Mr. S.B. Gorade and Mr. V. B. Kale attended one day workshop on “BE Civil (2012 Course) Syllabi Drafting” on 12th Jun., 2015 at AISSMS College of Engineering, Pune.
- Dr. S.T. Mali organised Guest Lecture on “Research area of nanotechnology in environmental projects” for T. E. and B.E. Civil students on 6th Jan 2016.
- Mr. R.S. Chaudhari organised guest lecture on “Finance management” under the subject Costruction Management, on for B.E. Civil students on 1st Jan 2016 by Mr. Ritesh Phalke, Asst. Prof. MBA, PCCOE.
- Mr. R.S. Chaudhari organised guest lecture on guest lecture under the subject Costruction Management, on “Role of construction industry & construction management in infrastructure Development of Nation and Career Guidance & Preparation for MPSC” for T.E. & B.E. Civil students on Monday 8th Feb 2016.
- Mrs. R.N. Joshi organized guest lecture under the subject Transportation Engineering, on “Pune BRTS” for B.E., T.E. & S.E. Civil students on Thursday 18th Feb 2016 by
- Dr. S.T. Mali organised guest lecture under the subject Environmental Engineering, on “Basics and advances of Chemistry in Environmental Engineering” for T.E. Civil students on 17th Feb 2016 Mr. R. T. Jagtap, Asst. Prof. PCCOE, Pune
- Mrs. K.D. Dhapekar organized guest lecture under the subject Structural Design II, on “ Recent trends in RCC design ” for B.E., T.E. & S.E. Civil students by Dr. V.L. Shah (Technical Director Structures Publications) on Thursday 3rdh March 2016.
- Dr. S.T. Mali organized guest Lecture on “Research area of nanotechnology in environmental projects” for T. E. and B.E. Civil students on 6th Jan 2016 by Mr. Harshraj Thakor (Massachusetts, Department of Environmental Protection, Government.).
- Mr. N.N. Yokar organised guest lecture on "Fundamentals of Structure and analysis of elemental structures" for S.E Civil students by P. B. Kodag, (SCOE, Pune) 26th Feb. 2016.
- Mr. R.S. Chaudhary organised guest lecture on “Project Management Consultancy (PMC)" under subject Construction Management for TE and BE students Pradip Shinkar (General Manager, S N Bhobe & Associates Pvt. Ltd. Pune) on 9th March 2016.