” Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.”
– John Dewey.
Education has developed considerably. The need for education has increased in the growing years. However there is a considerable difference in the education rate between the urban and the rural areas. Education is still not given much importance or accepted in rural areas. People in rural arena live with an ignorant attitude. For them education is something that only city folks opt off. But education isn’t reserved for any categories. To be educated or to receive education is every individual’s own legal right.
Education frees a society from all kinds of false fears and superstitions. One educated person in a village can change the mentality or thinking of another 10 individuals. Likewise if the whole village is educated then they can change the thinking of the entire society and gradually can live in a wholly developed country. Education not only develops human’s thinking capabilities but also makes a confident individual who can or is able to stand up for the right decisions. A matured thinking is part and parcel of a literate life. Not only in the country but globally it is witnessed that the number of dropouts are considerably high than the number of folks who willingly join the education sector.
Education among girls should increase because they are the ones who are capable of educating the entire family. Literacy among women also rewards a sense of family planning or protecting the family from various kinds of diseases as they are the soul of every family. Women who are less educated or totally illiterate on an average have more children than the ones who are educated. The bane of this is that when these children grow up they are deprived of education as the cost of living is high and gradually the illiteracy rates arises. Education also eases a criminal mind. As there is a saying ” An empty mind is devil’s workshop”. If children are sent to school right from a young age they are exposed to a new world and environment. This not only rewards a development of the country but also the world.
Some facts of education that are witnessed worldwide:
- It is recorded that 31 million primary-school pupils worldwide drop out of their school and an additional 32 million repeat the same grade.
- Children who attend schools in urban area are twice in number in urban areas as compared to them who are in rural areas.
- If an individual will continue to pursue higher level of education, there is an increase in the person’s future income by an average of 10%.
- Women who are less educated tend to have more children(2.5 on an average) than the ones who are educated over the course of their life(1.7 on an average) .
- Women with a primary school education are 13% more likely to know and practice safe methods to keep the family protected
- 53% of the world’s out-of-school children are girls and 2/3 of the illiterate people in the world are women.
The facts above clearly explains how vital it is to be educated. Only an educated individual can make a difference. Kids from their kinder garden should complete all the standards of their education. They must first be given basic education on how important is to be literate in the society. A detailed description about each and every level of schooling must be given to them. Around the globe there are many best engineering colleges, medical colleges, B-schools where students can reach out to fulfill their dreams.
A step taken right can improve many lives. Education is such a step that can enhance and change many lives.