Well, if you are a first year engineering student and you do not want to see the same transformation in you after 4 years, here are some TIPS that will continue to show the TIPS of hair on your head!!!
Admit it that engineering students are something special in the student community. The fact that you have got admission to that coveted stream of education is enough to lend you an identity as a scholar, a sincere studious fellow with brains, always too busy for movies and canteen and so on. When others treat you as special including your parents and family, you are bound to enjoy the importance given to you and start floating in the air.
- Control yourself. Be practical and down to earth. You are not any unique creature or extra-celestial being. Remember this and keep it at the back of your mind throughout four years, and even after.
- Instead of putting too many extra hours in study, regular study is important. Reserve two hours in the early morning and two hours late in the evening for study. Do not miss a single day and you will soon be ahead of the class.
- Enrolling in an engineering college does not mean that you should stay in a faithful married relationship with your books; you are a SOCIAL animal by definition and you MUST meet people, talk to them, attend parties and interact with others of your species.
- You need not sacrifice your interests and hobbies for an engineering degree; if you can manage your time well, you can play games and pursue your hobbies whenever possible. You may not be able to do it with zest but spending a little time on it will help you to catch up with it later.
- Attend classes regularly; that is the least you can do to reap huge benefits in the form of grades and marks.
- Do not put off assignments and projects. An engineering course includes several kinds of projects and assignments all the year round. If you lag behind, you will be left far behind.
- Once I a while, you must watch a movie or attend a musical concert. Such activities charge you for your busy schedule.
- Try to tolerate your room partner even if he irritates you, especially if he is a senior. Help him out once in a while.
- Make friends whose ideas and nature match yours. Be cordial to everyone but you need a couple of special friends with whom you can share a bench, a book or a meal. You will not be able to focus on your studies if there are any conflicts with friends.
- Do not be influenced by friends regarding your daily timetable; if you have not completed your assignment, you must be able to say NO firmly to join them for a movie.
- Learn to use your money wisely. There are friends who bring pressure on you and you give in spend on unnecessary things. Sometimes, students make money a prestige issue and spend extravagantly. You know the length of your mattress best and you must decide how far to stretch your legs.
If you achieve balance in studies and pastimes discretely, you will not only be successful in all respects but you will mature over time and be prepared for the more hectic years ahead. The first year is the first step of higher education. Higher you go up in education you are required to develop dedication, commitment and hard work. The foundation for these qualities is laid during the first year. Hence, the first year of engineering course is crucial from many angles.